Day 2 In your own space, create a list of at least three fannish things you'd love to receive, something you've wanted but were afraid to ask for - a fannish wish-list of sorts.
Well, this is timely, since it's my birthday tomorrow. ;) I am very multi-fannish so most of those are open to any fandom, but I will put a list of the fandoms I'm most familiar with at the bottom (in cases of works in other fandoms, it's best if I won't need fandom knowledge to enjoy them). This list is a little long, not because I'm greedy but there are a lot of fannish things I love and I wanted to give fans and creators of all these things a chance to rec/make me things I will love. :) Also 3 of my wishes are craft related and two are more friends related.
Some new wishes for this year:
1. OTP Songs/Playlists
: I always end up making playlists for all my ships. So I'm curious which songs others associate with theirs! Feel free to tell me why as well, if you want.
2. Fannish Crochet/Cross Stitch Patterns: I refound my love for crafting this year and I would especially love tips for fannish crochet and cross stitch patterns. Preferably free patterns, although I'm open to paid ones too.
3. Beginner Quilting Patterns: I made my first quilt as a Christmas present for my son. \o/ I always wanted to learn but have been slow at actually getting around to it. Sooo, if anyone has any tips for quilting tutorials and patterns that are easy and fun for beginners I would love links. I guess this is kind of fandom related because I am also looking for...
4. Fannish Fabric Suppliers in Europe
: I keep seeing all these lovely fannish quilting fabrics but everything is in the US and the shipping to here is waaaay too expensive for me. *sadface* In the instances where I have found EU suppliers it has been way more expensive or they have also had horrid shipping rates. So, tips, anyone? At the moment I would especially love tips for Star Trek (TOS), Firefly or Narnia related fabrics since I'm doing some crafting for swaps I need these for.
5. Harry Potter / Star Trek TOS Fanwork Recs
: I got into both those fandoms in the past year despite not having consumed many fanworks in them before. Both fandoms kind of predate AO3, so I suspect much of the best fic are not on there, as is the case with other older fandoms I love. My fav pairings for HP are Harry/Draco, Snape/Lily, Snape/Harry, Snape/Draco or Snape/Lucius and my fav pairing for Star Trek is Kirk/Spock, but I will literally read any pairing for good fic. I appreciate recs from the Star Trek reboots also, as long as they don't talk about Kirk's blue eyes... it just throws me. >.>
6. Fanvid Recs
: I'm re-finding my love for fanvids, and I'd love more recs for well-made ones. For this one I'd really love fandoms I'm not familiar with as well as those I am - sometimes fanvids are a great enticement to watch new shows! ;)
7. Podfic Recs
: I don't spend as much time listening to podfic as I want to, and when I do set time aside I seem to always turn to the same podficcers? So I'd love recs for new podficcers to listen to! Feel free to rec yourself also, I will try to leave good feedback. :)
For both the fanvids and podfics I would love works made just for me as well, of course (my own fics have blanket permission for podfic, as well).
Some repeats from previous years:
8. Recs/New Works in Any Fandom With The Following Theme
- Slavery universes where the owner and slave are in love or/and the owner is against slavery. maculategiraffe's The Slave Breakers is a good example of what I love.
- Femdom! Genderswapped characters are ok but I have a strong preference for characters who identify as female in canon.
- D/s from the Dominants POV. Esp dealing with how wonderful but also scary it can feel to have someone give you all that power over them.
- Aftercare! A lot of D/s seems to leave this out, and it's practically my fav part. :( (And remember that sometimes Doms need aftercare, too.)
- Non-sexual kink. Porn is great but sometimes I really love for the focus to be on other things, such as the power exchange itself, for example, or whatever else inspires you.
- Werewolves running free. I don't even know, but I have this recent obsession with shifted werewolves running, by themselves, in pairs, in groups, for any reason at all. Doesn't have to be canon werewolves.
9. More Fannish Friends
: I am always looking for more fannish friends. Especially ones near me (I live in the south of Sweden), but anywhere is great! If you are open to creating together, cheerleading and/or betaing then even better. I am open to doing the same for you. Feel free to also check out my Twitter
, where I am a little more active than here, to see if you think we could be friends. :) I would also love more fannish people to Skype, AIM or Gchat/Hangouts, just message me for details.
10. (Fannish) WoW Friends: I will firstly admit that I am only periodically active, but when I am I love to do stuff together with friends! I no longer raid and I recently had a lengthy break from it so WOD is still pretty new to me - I'd love people to help me through the new content. I have accounts on both EU (Alliance & Horde) and US (Alliance, but can level a Horde char too). My battletag is Armanya#2831.
Fandoms Preferences (in no particular order): Kingsman, Avengers/MCU, Dragon Age, Firefly, Babylon 5, Star Trek, Star Wars, Teen Wolf, Queer as Folk, Lord of the Rings, Suits, White Collar, Person of Interest, BBC Sherlock, The Sentinel, Bandom, One Direction, Adam Lambert.